I constantly find myself thinking, I can't believe it's 2014 already.  Where did 2013 go? And don't we all think like that?  As if we are still lingering in some past time.  Are our hearts hanging on to a certain date or memory?  When I think back to my wedding day, I think a part of me is still standing in the holding area, anxiously awaiting the cue to walk down the aisle.  That was such a significant, happy moment for me that I can't believe I'm not still existing in it.  We have so many of those moments in our lives that just hold on to us tightly and make it so hard to move on.

Arriving in Germany has that same effect on me.  Those few days we spent in the hotel have that same magnetic pull constantly drawing me back to that time of transition, and it's hindering my ability to feel settled and at home here.  Part of me doesn't want to let go.
Then, last night as we stood on the balcony and watched the fireworks in the village and experienced a real New Years celebration in Germany, our home, I felt my feet sink in a little.  This isn't our forever home, but it is where we will create memories and grow for the next couple years.
2013 was a major year of change for us, but I have a feeling that it won't compare to what 2014 has in store.  I'm done looking back.  I'm ready to go forward and accomplish great things and make some amazing memories this year.

In 2014...
I plan on finishing my novel.
I hope to become a certified Yoga instructor.
I'm excited to graduate with my Bachelor's degree in May!
I want to make stronger connections with my friends here.
I can't wait to see London with my family in April.
I'm nervous about putting Jude in school for the first time.
I want to try running everyday.
I'm determined to make it back home to see my family and friends.
Getting back to Paris would be nice.

Happy New Year, friends.
What does 2014 have in store for you?