In case you haven't heard, it's Banned Books Week. This means libraries, writers, celebrities and book-lovers are celebrating the right to write and read. I don't feel like arguing once again why banning books is wrong, why challenging books is ignorant and why telling people what they can't read is downright senseless. Instead, let me challenge you to take part in Banned Books Week in any way possible.
- Spread the word on your Facebook, Twitter or Blog and support this cause.
- Read the articles and watch the videos on this site.
- Order a button (or twenty) and wear it proudly. More swag here.
- Check out the events at your local library.
- Take part in the Virtual Read-Out
- Read a Frequently Challenged Book!
- Join Megan's Instagram hashtag party.
And last but not least...link up with us! Do you read "banned books"? Do you celebrate? What are your favorite "banned books"? Share anything with us this week!
To join in...
1. Please follow the host and co-host
2. Visit a few other book chat links and show some support.
3. Link back here in your post. Or use the button provided.
4. Old posts are always welcome if you have blogged on the topic before.
Next Week's Topic: Favorite book store or place to read