1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things about me...
1. I mostly wear dresses and skirts.
2. I sleep on the right side of the bed.
3. I have watched The Office since the very beginning.
4. I got Heidi (my dog) on my 25th birthday.
5. I love sushi.
6. I love watching movie previews.
7. I come up with my best ideas in the shower.
8. My favorite era of history is the Progressive Era.
9. I hate cleaning.
10. I can't run a mile.
11. My biggest pet peeves are broken crayons, sneakers with jeans, and people who pronounce words wrong. (There is no t at the end of across, no x in especially and no b in supposedly)
Melissa's questions for me...
1. Why did you start blogging, and more importantly why have you chosen to continue it over the years?
Well...two years ago, Becky and I were reading a lot of blogs. Mainly craft blogs. We had a habit of daring each other to do crazy things and starting a blog was just one of those crazy things. The most fun part of the process was coming up with a list of blog names for the other person. Neither of us stuck with anything from those lists, but just coming up with them was so much fun.
2. What was the ONE most important moment of 2012 for you, and why?
2012 was a fun year. The most important moment of the year for me was finally sitting down and realizing that the only direction for me was a writing career. I began my novel and enrolled in college.
And Bonnaroo. Of course, Bonnaroo.
3. If you were on a deserted island and could have any three things, what would they be?
Well, I'm assuming survival gear doesn't count. So I'd have to say pen, paper and a good thesaurus.
4. What is your current favorite song that I should be listening to?
Hmm...you want me to narrow that down. Ha.
Local Natives - Breakers
Django Django - Default
Grizzly Bear - Speak in Rounds
Royal Teeth - Heartbeats
5. What is one favorite blog post you have written? (post a link!)
I have a lot of favorites from the past, but my favorite recent post was this one. This just felt good to post, but all of the supportive comments are really what made my heart burst.
6. Name one of your guilty pleasures.
Downton Abbey. There aren't a lot of shows that I HAVE TO watch, but Downton Abbey is just the right kind of addicting.
7. If you could give a piece of advice to yourself when you were 15, what would it be?
I think I was on the right track at 15. I had my head on straight. It was 17-19 year old Jessica that could have used a talking to. And to her I would have said...get your head out of your ass!
8. What book are you looking forward to reading in the near future?
Oh my gosh, so many! I was actually just compiling a blog post on organizing books. But the one I'm most excited for is obviously Requiem. Then, I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Everyday by David Levithan.
9. Tell your readers something they may not know about you!
I don't know...I feel like you guys know a lot about me. Umm...I grew up in Northwest Indiana and come from a long line of major Cubs fans. It's in my blood.
10. You’re told that you have to drop one of your social media accounts- which one, and why?
Facebook. So much negativity and political garbage. Twitter is so much more fun.
11. What is one thing that you truly could not live without?
Caffeine. I tried giving it up once, and it almost killed me.
My 11 questions for the next person...
1. How do you organize your blog posts?
2. Where do feel the most at peace?
3. Where is the first place you look in the library?
4. Do you have messy or neat handwriting?
5. What is your favorite item in your closet?
6. Do you blog from a desk, a table or the couch?
7. Have you ever stayed up all night reading? If so, what book?
8. What is your favorite city?
9. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
10. What was the last concert you went to?
11. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
I know this has been going around a lot, but if you haven't done one in a while...then I nominate YOU. Please let me know if you use my questions...I'd love to see your answers!