I'm participating in a couple book related blog things this week that I wanted to share with all of you. 

The first one is going to make a certain group of friends very happy. 


I stumbled across this through Kimberly's blog and it's being hosted by some book blogs that I now adore.  As soon  as I saw it, I knew I had to join in.  I have finally decided to read the series since I have been feeling a little left out of some seriously awesome book chat conversations.  It's basically a readalong where we discuss the sections of the book as we go along.  I'll be honest, I'm going vvveeerrryyy slowly through this book.  It's not that I'm not enjoying it.  It's mostly because I've been busy on vacation, but also because I've already seen the movie and sort of know what's going to happen.  I wouldn't normally read something after I've already seen the movie, but I can't just skip it so I'll read it anyway.  Confession: I've only seen the first Harry Potter movie.  This is actually a good thing because then everything from here on will be somewhat of a surprise. 

The next event I'm doing is going to be more of a challenge for me, but I'm determined to do it. 

It's basically a read, read, read-a-thon.  Yes, I am still on vacation, and I realize I've used that as my excuse as to why I have not been reading, but I'm just at my parents' house for the rest of the trip, and so I'm hoping it will be a bit quieter and I'll have more time to just bury my nose in a book.  Here's to hoping.
This is what I plan on tackling in these 3 days...

source
I have heard excellent things about this book, and I cannot wait to read it.

I'm hoping I can get through it one day to check that requirement off my list for Megan's summer reading challenge which I'm still working on...



I'll also be reading these for the challenge as well...

source



source

So, that's what going on with me reading-wise.  I hope you join me in one of these reading challenges if you are interested.

What are you reading this summer?
Do you find that you read more or less when on vacation?