Mar 12, 2012

Jude's Room: Storybook Letters

As I try to complete Jude's room, I thought I'd share some of my little creations along the way...


{{FYI...when I say complete his room, I mean decorate it.  He has a room already.  Wanted to clear that up}}

ok moving on...


I found this on Pinterest (where else) and I just loved the idea.  Perfect for his Storybook room makeover.





So here is how I created the "B".

 {a couple extra tips}
Sand the letter better than I did.
Slather that baby with Mod Podge to give it a nice finish
To give it a rustic look, sand the edges a little when it's done.
Yes, that is a storybook from a Chick-fil-A kids meal.

1 down.
25 to go!

oh by the way.
Who else has been calling it Modge Podge for like ever?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Spree said...

It's Modge Podge. I don't care what the label says.

A little tip to the letters, its handy to have somethings like a Popsicle stick around too to help smooth out any air bubbles.
I don't know what kind of brush you're using for the podge, but the brushes can make it get icky... fast. If your not grossed out, its easier to just use your finger to slather that stuff on sometimes, especially if you are doing more than one letter.

Sweet Green Tangerine said...

Great tip! I use a sponge brush to apply, then before it dries I use a dry brush to give that brush stroke look. And I have totally resorted to using my fingers...I have two kids, there are many things much grosser than Modge podge. LOL

Amanda said...

This is so cute! I love the idea of having an alphabet letter wall in my future children's room. Very creative =)

Caitlin said...

Haha I've always called it Modge Podge! Hilarious. These look adorable btw!

Mama said...

Love this!

Lilly said...

I adore this!! Such a great idea.

Post a Comment

Comments are my favorite...