Dec 22, 2011

11 Jessica'isms.

What a way to end the year.  Sharing a little bit about me.
If you haven't seen this yet, it's a little survey bloggers are doing where they share 11 random things, answer 11 questions, create 11 questions & tag 11 people.  (2011..get it?)  Well, I was tagged...by two people in one day.  woop woop.

Here are the rules.

  1. You must post these rules.
  2. Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog.
  3. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
  4. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
  5. No tag backs and you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 people.

11 things you may not know about me...

  1. I love mermaids.
  2. I have 3 tattoos...all of which my brother did for me when he first started tattooing.  He is currently working in a shop in the San Diego area & I am REALLY itching for a new one.
  3. I love coffee & drink way too much of it.
  4. I really want to be a vegetarian, but cheeseburgers are just so damn good.
  5. I occasionally indulge in cheesy vampire romance novels.
  6. I share a birthday with William Shakespeare.
  7. I pretty much think Audrey Hepburn is the most beautiful, classy, compassionate person there ever was.
  8. I don't like clubs, only bars with good music, good beer & friendly people.
  9. My husband makes me laugh more than anyone. 
  10. If I could make a career out of going to school, I would. (I practically have)
  11. I share the same initials (middle name included) with my husband, his dad, his brother, his nephew & our two kids.  That's a little weird, if you think about it. 
Okay...since I was tagged by two people & don't want to choose only one set of questions, I'll answer 6 from one & 5 from the other...

Melissa asked...

  1. Favorite vacation you've taken so far in your life?  I'd have to say my favorite is the weekend trip Becky & I took to Atlanta.  We initially went to see a concert, A Fine Frenzy, but literally drove into the city as the concert was starting, only to find out she had the flu & was not performing.  Nevertheless, we had the time of our lives!  We snuck into another concert, fell in love with the most hipster neighborhood has ever been (Little Five Points), almost walked into a gay bar called Three Legged Cowboy, ended up at a random hippie bonfire in the middle of nowhere & stayed on the 54th floor of the round hotel downtown.  It was a magical, magical weekend & I seriously would give anything to relive it. 
  2. You’re stranded on a desert island and you can’t have any technology, way off the island, makeup, or soap. What do you bring?  Oooh good one.  I'll say my guitar because then I'd have nothing stopping me from actually learning to play it.
  3. Favorite movie?  Who can actually answer this with one title?  So I'll break it down to sub-genre's.  Classic - Roman Holiday.  Musical - Across the Universe.  Comedy - Shakespeare in Love  Drama'ish - Waitress.  Kids - How to Train Your Dragon. Foreign - Amelie. Fantasy - Fellowship of the Ring.  Christmas - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Book adaptation - Pride & Prejudice (new one).
  4. Do you have any obsessions?  Thrifting.  It's addicting.   That & buying fabric.  I have more fabric than finished projects.  
  5. What do you really want to accomplish in 2012?  I'm starting a list now but I'd really like to take a picture a day, keep in touch with my brother & sister more, learn to knit & play the guitar, be able to run a mile (yes I'm that bad at running) and go to at least one big music festival (Bonnaroo preferred).

Becky asked...

  1. How many books do you usually read per year? I aim for at least 12.  Last year it was probably around 20 but this year it was only 10.  Rough year.  
  2. What style music moves and inspires you?  Anything with passion & power.  Stuff like Mumford & Sons & Swell Season where they tend to be strumming so hard you can feel it & they are sing-shouting.  But also the really tender music that touches your soul.  I gather so much inspiration from music it's ridiculous. I love this question.
  3. Have you ever been cow tipping or snipe hunting?  Oh Becky.  I love you & miss you terribly.  Btw...do I even want to know what snipe hunting is??
  4. Do you have any strange phobias?  I used to be afraid of/sickened by mounted animal heads.  When I was little, my parents would have to walk me out of restaurants because there were deer heads on the wall. I can handle them now even though I still think it's a morbid/caveman tradition, but I'll have you know I married an avid hunter.  He owns a deer head he shot when he was 16 and it is not allowed into my house.  
  5. What colors inspire you? I am really into the vintage hues right now.  Burnt sienna, mustard, maroon, eggplant.   
  6. What fashion faux pas are you guilty of? I play it too safe.  I don't think I even participate in fashion enough to consider anything I do a faux pas, but I am making it one of my 2012 goals to try to take more pride in my look.
Great questions ladies!!!

Here are my 11 questions...

  1. What names did you have picked out for your kids when you were little?  
  2. What's your favorite YouTube video?
  3. What is something/someone you are currently missing?
  4. Which of your Pinterest boards has the most pins? (and if you're not of Pinterest, let me know & I'll get you an invite) 
  5. What is something you are proud of yourself for?
  6. Do you have any vices/bad habits?
  7. Name a Fictional character you want to be more like.
  8. Share a quote that you feel defines your personality/philosophy.
  9. What is/was your favorite children's book?
  10.  What is the most played song in your playlist/iTunes?
  11. What is your favorite era/cast of Saturday Night Live? 

11 People I tag

    1. Sara - Seeing Purple Stars 
    2. Lauren - Baby in Bulgaria
    3. Kristy - A Little Something
    4. Alexandra -Being Mama
    5. Melissa - Knit Purl Baby
    6. Heather - A Young Wive's Tale
    7. Amanda - The Beginning of Everything
    8. Jaqueline - A Mother Mopher
    9. Allie - It's a Wonderful Life
    10. Sylvia - Sylvia C.
    11. Megan - Girl Meets Camera 
    Can't wait to see your answers!!
    Thanks for Melissa & Becky for tagging me!  Your questions were awesome!
    Photobucket

    4 comments:

    Chrissy said...

    Love these posts! It was a lot of fun reading more about you!
    Happy Holidays! xxx

    Megan said...

    Oh! You tagged me! Im not sure I know 11 people to tag LOL! I'll work on it ;)

    And Im pretty sure you're my soul mate and you need to come to Korea because Im not done being your friend just yet. My dad gave me my first tattoo with a home made gun...then my BFF and I gave each other matching ones on our ankles before I moved away from AZ.

    Becky said...

    You know what a snipe is!! C'mon, you've watched Up like a million times! :) We shall go together some time hehe

    imlivinginadream said...

    Love your answers, and your other questions!! Thanks for participating :D

    Your best vacation sounds like a lot of fun.

    Post a Comment

    Comments are my favorite...