I just saw this question posted somewhere..."If you could dress up as any literary character, who would it be?"

Well didn't that just spark my imagination.

My first instinct...
Katniss Everdeen.  The Hunger Games.
So I played around with that idea a bit & came up with this.

Katniss


So simple.  All I need is a bow & arrow & that Mockingjay pin...which I'm sure is now at Hot Topics across the nation.  Hmm...guess I could take the kids trick or treating in this & see who picks up on it. 


Ok, then I thought about my second favorite female character and immediately this little lady popped into my head...


Elizabeth Bennett.  Pride and Prejudice
Where are my Austen fans? 
Yes, Keira Knightley is my favorite Elizabeth Bennett.  That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
((Funny sidenote: I actually didn't like the first Austen book I read (Northanger Abbey, yuk) but I chose to pick up Pride & Prejudice and ZOMBIES.  Halfway through I decided I really wanted to read the actual book, so I did...and I LOVED it.))
And while we're on the topic...Mr. Darcy is the BEST romantic male lead.  Take that Twilighters.  ((uproar))  It's true...read it. 


And the 3rd female character that I thought about...


Lisbeth Salander.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
This would just be fun.  Spike up your hair, throw on some fake piecing & tattoos, go crazy with the black eyeliner and a ton of black leather. 
I have to admit...I didn't LOVE this book.  I didn't even continue in the series.  But I did love this character.  She is pretty amazing.


The best thing about dressing up as your favorite literary character is seeing who else recognizes you.  Great conversation starter!