In case you haven't noticed yet, my 5 year old is a wee bit into dinosaurs. In the fall, we went all out for his birthday & threw him a big dino bash. I spent a lot of time putting everything together, which wasn't easy with a 2 month old baby at home. I really wanted everything to be authentic, instead of just buying the coordinating party packages from Party City (which is what I did for his 4th birthday).

I started off with the invites...


I just went with something simple.
The inside says...
"Calling all Paleontologists! J is turning 5! Stomp on over for some fossil digging fun!"

Then, I put together the goody bags for his guests.


These bookmarks were super easy to put together. I just printed them out on cardstock & then used self-sealing laminate cards meant for photos. A hole punch & some ribbon & voila!


I also threw in a CD compiled of some of our favorite dinosaur songs which we played throughout the party.

These little dinosaur candies (sorry the picture isn't very good) were super easy to make. You can find the meltable candy & molds at any main craft store. I thought they were just too cute, I couldn't resist!




The party table...



Everything for Herbivores & Carnivores


To keep the kids entertained (which is essential when you are expecting 12 preschoolers in your house) we set out a little craft table in the backyard.


Dinosaur Decorating

And look at their cute creations

And Just so everyone can find it :)

Overall, the party was a success!
We even found a local reptile handler to put on a live reptile show for the kids! Yes, that's right, I had giant snakes in my house.

Notice who is NOT holding the giant snake.


Linking up...